The year 2016 saw several new advancements in digital marketing technology and innovation. For instance, we saw the rise of different avenues for content marketing, including the integration and “live streaming” of video. We have also seen the onboarding of content remarketing, which allows readers to continuously receive your content via advertisements through their browsers. We’ve see a major dependence on paid advertising within social media marketing to optimize social pages and target relevant potential buyers. Finally, we’ve been witness to the dominance of mobile optimization and usage over desktops. It’s been a great year in internet marketing! Here is what we predict 2017 with have in store for us:
- Real-time marketing will become the new normal. In a previous blog, we discussed various ways in which you can use real-time marketing on social media sites. With social apps and integrations like Snapchat, Instagram Stories, and Facebook Live, real-time marketing will be a piece of any marketer’s social media marketing strategy.
- Video will be one of the only ways people will catch your content. Any type of written content marketing will have to incorporate some visual functionality in the form of videos and short films. In part with a real-time focus, videos will include more creative approaches, themes and perspective.
- Mobile messaging apps will get more popular. These include Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, WeChat and WhatsApp, and they will each become more popular in 2017. Expect to see more of these app owners finding new and innovative ways to reach out to customers via their platforms for businesses.
- Conversion rate optimization will help businesses spend money where they should. CRO is an internet marketing strategy where the goal is to increase the percentage of visitors to a website that convert into customers. These methods include A/B testing, response tracking and advertising analytics.
- The use of artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms within digital advertising will take on a more advanced feature. The 2017 digital advertising trend that we’ll witness when it comes to AI algorithms involves optimizing all creative components (such as colors, fonts, copy).
Are you interested in learning more about what to expect in the year of 2017? Look no further! Contact Salient Fox for more information about new trends and what they mean for your business before the New Year so that you can launch a marketing campaign just in time to make a splash. Contact your internet marketing partners here.