The holidays are just around the corner, and your marketing needs to be at its best, especially in regards to your digital marketing. Whether it’s email marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, paid advertising, or simply managing the rush in store, these 10 tips should help you get started, ride through the season, and finish on a good note. We hope that the following 10 tips will help your business thrive during the holidays.
- Discover your goals. When you’re developing your strategy, you need to ensure that you are also setting your objectives and goals. Without goals in mind, the success of your strategy cannot be measured. Set holiday sales goals, engagement metrics, and operational objectives when you begin the holiday prep process.
- Ensure your brand is at its best. Revisit your brand before the holiday season, and give it a festive spin. Strengthen it with a little storytelling, or review your style guide and make some adjustments. Refreshing your brand with a festive look will give your customers something to be excited about this season.
- Develop a promotional schedule. It may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised by how many businesses do not plan ahead during the holidays and remain in “reactive” mode. This means they simply schedule promotions as they come, rather than thinking ahead and truly strategizing.
- Prepare your inventory for the holiday rush. By preparing your product offerings several months in advance, you’ll be better prepared to focus on the marketing piece of the holiday season rather than the operational piece. This will get you ahead of the competition and keep you prepared.
- Engage your social media followers. Create a social schedule and launch it as soon as November comes around. Encourage social engagement with a holiday-inspired contest or exclusive holiday invitations to nurture and generate fans across all of your social channels.
- Publicize your upcoming holiday events. Hosting a few holiday parties or exclusive member events? Announce any events, pop-up shops, and seasonal sales in advance so that your customers can help spread the word. Create and send a few pitch letters to maximize your publicity efforts with local media.
- Show appreciation to your loyal customers. Your customers love being rewarded, especially if it’s because they are loyal to you. Today, brand loyalty is more important now than ever. Reward your best customers with a special discount, early access to sales, or a “first look” at new products.
- Take your email marketing to the next level. If you haven’t already prepared your email marketing strategy for the holiday season, do it now! Your shoppers want an experience that is personalized for them. Create targeted email lists, and take your targeting further by utilizing Facebook advertising.
- Test everything to discover what drives engagement. Whether you’re writing and distributing content or bidding on keywords in Google Adwords, we suggest you test everything. By A/B testing templates, designs, wording, messages, etc., you are discovering the types of marketing that work best for you.
- Spread the holiday cheer! Thank your customers for showing up and shopping around. A thoughtful holiday greeting or thank you card is great way to spread the holiday cheer and let your customers know that you appreciate them and their loyalty to your business.
Need help with your digital marketing during the Holiday season? Contact Salient Fox today!